Who can I talk to about my case?
- Concerns about the actions of a police officer should be taken up with the Police Department. However, they will not comment on the validity of the ticket/charge nor will they take legal action on your behalf (such as voiding the ticket).
- The Court Clerk will be happy to explain the court's rules and procedures or give other general information that you may need. He/she cannot give legal advice nor discuss particulars of the case with persons not directly involved.
- Questions about plea bargains, reduction of charge, sentencing alternatives, etc. should be taken up with the prosecutor at the time of hearing.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I talk to about my case?
2. Can I speak with the Judge before my court date?
3. Can I pay my ticket before coming to court?
4. Can I get an extension of a court date or payment?
5. Can I pay my fine in installments?
6. What are the administrative fees and why must I pay them?
7. What happens in the different court hearings?
8. Do I need an attorney?
9. How do I get a court appointed attorney?
10. What happens if I miss a court date?
11. Am I allowed to attend court is I do not have a case on the docket?